Different components and parts work together in synchronization to deliver cool air that lowers the room temperature when you switch on the air conditioning system. The compressor is one of the vital components that makes the cooling process possible.
It is best to maintain the AC system appropriately to ensure that the compressor works until you call the air conditioning in Bellaire, TX, for replacement service. This guide will explain all the points that impact the compressor’s working and solutions to protect your AC system.
Things That Degrade The Compressor's Functioning
According to AC repair in Bellaire, TX, here are the points that increase the compressor workload and deteriorate its working:
- Overheating: All electrical and electronic gadgets face overheating issues due to high temperatures in the summer season. Overheating is one of the problems that affect the functioning of compressors. Dirty coils, improper insulation, and high or fluctuating voltage levels can lead to overheating issues.
- Dusty And Dirty Condenser Coils: Heat moves from the refrigerant to the atmosphere through the condenser coils. The dust and dirt particles hinder and degrade the transfer rate. It reduces the quality of cooling services, and the compressor has to work overtime to reach the thermostat temperature.
- Evaporator Motor Displacement: Displacement of the AC evaporator motor from its place can cause the refrigerant to follow back to the compressor. According to experts at air conditioning in Bellaire, TX, the compressor starts malfunctioning due to a lack of lubrication.
- Low Or Excessive Refrigerant Levels: It is essential to fill the refrigerant up to the levels mentioned by the manufacturer in the manufacturing booklet because an imbalance in refrigeration levels will impact the compressor. Low refrigerant increases the compressor’s workload to produce efficient services, and excessive refrigerant levels increase the pressure in the AC system.
- External Debris: When external debris enters the outdoor unit, it messes up the entire functioning of the AC system. The refrigerant escapes in the air if the air gets into the condenser coils. It leads to oil carbonization on the discharge valve and increases the compressor temperature.
Seven Ways To Avoid Compressor Failure
- It is better to install a sunshade over the outdoor unit to protect the compressor.
- Continuous running of the AC system at extreme temperatures can also lead to overheating issues.
- Keep the surrounding area of the outdoor unit clean and tidy.
- Keep the thermostat temperature around 78 Fahrenheit.
- Install a voltage monitor or surge protector to prevent the compressor from sudden high or low voltage.
- Clean the condenser coils and fins monthly with a soft-bristle brush.
- Pour baking soda and vinegar into the condensate drain pipe to avoid bacteria growth and blockage.
Schedule AC Maintenance Service Today And Protect The AC Compressor
If you want to avoid AC replacement costs before your existing AC system completes 10 years of service in your home, then you should invest in annual maintenance plans. Apart from scheduling maintenance service, you should contact the AC repair in Bellaire, TX, if your AC starts functioning abruptly.
Call Stafford Air of Bellaire if you need a reliable and licensed company to fix your malfunctioning AC system issues. Call today at (713)-667-3281.