If your air conditioner suddenly malfunctions during the peak heat of the summer, you should know the underlying reasons for AC malfunctions.
AC repair in Bellaire may be common due to its hot and humid temperature. Besides the hot temperature, several reasons can affect the efficiency of your AC unit.
Reasons For Low Cooling Of The Air Conditioner
- Clogged Air Filter: If the AC is not cooling sufficiently, it may be due to an issue with air filters. A dirty air filter restricts airflow in and out of the room. It decreases the cooling competency of the AC.
- Inadequate Coolant: The coolant circulates in the room via the evaporator coils. It cools the air and sends cold air into the room. If the level of coolant decreases, the AC stops sending cold air to the room, thereby increasing the indoor humidity. Call for a local authorized technician to examine the issue with the coolant.
- Dirty Coils: A dirty condenser coil loaded with debris triggers AC issues. The condenser is responsible for dissipating heat. Thus, it must be cleaned to transfer the heat from inside the room to the outside environment. The AC works harder when the coils become dirty. It hampers the cooling effect of the AC.
- Refrigerant Leak: AC utilizes refrigerants to generate the cooling effect. If the refrigerant leaks, your AC will likely malfunction with a reduced cooling effect. If you find weird noises from the system or ice building up on the AC, contact an expert for AC repair.
- Faulty Compressor: A compressor is the most significant part of your AC. The compressor generates the cooling effect of the AC. The compressor consists of the refrigerant and circulates it via the condenser and evaporator coils. A defective compressor fails to maintain the cooling effect of the AC.
- Irregular Maintenance: To eliminate the cost of frequent repairs, you need to service your Ac unit routinely. Routine maintenance keeps the compressor in good working condition. During AC installation in Bellaire, TX, contact an experienced AC contractor so that it can schedule one-year free maintenance for your new AC.
- Inaccurate Size Of The Unit: A common mistake people make while buying the AC is due to being unaware of the room dimensions. An incorrect AC size may disrupt the cooling effect of your room. The size of the AC must align with the size of your room.
An expert check is recommended where the technician will guide you on whether you need an AC replacement or You can resolve the issue with a repair.